Publications & Conferences
His Beatitude John X
Patriarch of Antioch and all the East
His Beatitude Patriarch John X is the author of books on theology, education, music, and liturgy. On the last topic he has published a series of liturgical studies. He has further edited liturgical manuals of the Orthodox Church in Arabic and, specifically, liturgical works pertinent to archbishops, priests and deacons. In addition, he has translated and written many articles and given many lectures in universities, institutes and parishes.
- The Service of the Holy Baptism: A Historic, Theological and Liturgical Study,
Thessalonica, 1983 [Greek] (PHD Thesis).
- The Principles of Byzantine Music, Balamand, 1990, Second Edition 2001.
- The Life of St. Nectarios the Wonderworker, Lattakya, 1990.
- Priesthood & the Marriage of Priests, Lattakya, 1992.
- Baptism as a Sacrament of Initiation into the Life in Christ, Lattakya, 1992.
- The Liturgikon, St. George Al-Humayrah Patriarchal Monastery, 2001,
Second edition 2005.
- The Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, Al-Humayrah Patriarchal Monastery, 2001.
- The Archieratikon, Our Lady of Blemana Convent, 2007.
- The Deacon Service Book, Our Lady of Blemanna Convent, 2007.
- The Church Consecration Service, Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Europe, 2011.
+ The Liturgical Studies Series (Six Volumes):
◊ Introduction to the Liturgical Families and Rites, St. John of Damascus Institute of Theology, 2003.
◊ The Service of Engagement and Matrimony: Past and Present, St. John of Damascus Institute of Theology, University of Balamand, 2003.
◊ The Liturgical Guide in Services and Prayers, St. John of Damascus Institute of Theology, University of Balamand, 2005.
◊ Liturgical Sources, St. John of Damascus Institute of Theology, University of Balamand, 2005.
◊ Church Praises, Archdiocese of Akkar, Diocese of Pyrgou, Marmarita, 2006.
◊ Divine Worship, (History, Development and Characteristics), Archdiocese of Akkar, Diocese of Pyrgou, Marmarita, 2007.
- The life of Our Holy Righteous Mother Makrina, by St. Gregory of Nyssa, An-Nour Publications, 1984.
- For Those Who Believe in Justification by Works, by St. Mark the Monk, in Chapters in Prayers and Spiritual Life, An-Nour, 1990.
Patriarch John X receives the…
“There is no such thing as…
The University of Balamand…
Patriarch John X receives Father…
Patriarch John X Receives the…